Sunday 6 March 2011

My old Pussy

Picture
 

Deaf as a post and warm as toast

One brain cell all alone

Eats like a horse but won’t touch hay

Screams and screams and screams all day

 

Always there, never gone

On my lap a huge great yawn

Wriggles and shuffles all the time

Purring with a voice sublime

 

She’s my friend, companion

Always there, never gone

On the sofa, on the bed

Even sleeps upon my head

 

Rules the roost, she’s in charge

Her presence is by and large

All encompassing, not a scourge

Her love for me does not submerge

 

My love for her, we are well matched

Grumpy, stubborn and old farts

The day will come when we will part

But till then we both are stuck



With each other, sod the luck

She screams, I shout, she ignores; I pout

She leaves me “presents” throughout the house

Ignores her dirt box and newspaper

 

And struts about like a crusader

Proud and feline, graceful too

And every day we start anew

The battle of cat, and man, and poo

 

Small in body, large in presence

Cat completely in her essence

Needs me when she is cold

Or hungry, or just feeling old

 

My old Pussy is a pain

But love for me she doesn’t feign

And when she sits and looks at me

With eyes so blue and face so dark

 

I know that soon we will embark

Upon another Pussy lark

To see who is superior, who is in charge

Whose territory will be enlarged

 

I lose each time we pit our wits

She has me beaten I will admit

But deep down I don’t mind

Cat is superior to mankind

 

Faithful, true and ever loving

Never taking, always giving

My old Pussy is the best

I feel quite humble, even blessed

 

That she would want to stay with me

Through all the years I must agree

We go together like a pair

Of bookends beyond compare


I love my Pussy, she loves me

There’s just the two of us you see

But why, oh why, oh why does she

Wind me up so easily?

 

Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment